MTS Open Position: Manager of Marketing & Communications
MTS is looking for a Manager of Marketing and Communications. To apply for the position, send a resume, cover letter, and writing sample to email@example.com. Deadline: January 17, 2020.
The Marine Technology Society (MTS) serves nearly 2,000 marine technologists from industry, government, and academia from 39 countries. As the Manager of Marketing & Communications, you will be part of a dynamic society advancing marine technology development and research. MTS offers members networking opportunities through meetings and conferences, opportunities to publish research in the peer-reviewed MTS Journal, and volunteer leadership experiences.
MTS WORKPLACE VALUES :
MTS believes in providing high-quality member service by listening to our member needs, effectively responding to member requests in a timely fashion, and striving to improve member benefits. MTS believes in excellence, honesty, integrity, and accountability and anticipates all employees will share those beliefs. MTS believes in teamwork, collaboration, open communication and respect for all collaborators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager of Marketing & Communications will play a pivotal role communicating all MTS activities. In collaboration with the Executive Director and the MTS Vice President of Communications, the Manager of Marketing & Communications will develop materials to deliver MTS’ messages to a wide range of audiences, including, but not limited to society membership, the public, and the media, implement and evaluate initiatives to improve communications to and between members, and effectively communicate strategies for reaching and potentially recruiting new members. This includes the following essential functions:
- Lead the development of content for both print and Web, including brochures, newsletters, & social media.
- Compile, edit, and curate content for the MTS website and Section/Committee websites.
- Edit all society communications prior to distribution.
- Lead implementation of all social media posts.
- Prepare and distribute press releases.
- Serve as contact for media inquiries.
- Facilitate communications strategy (cross-media) and campaigns.
- Work with Membership staff on communicating member needs, services, and pertinent information for website, newsletters, and other communication vehicles.
- Monitor and reports on key metrics related to communications.
- Work with Membership staff to develop marketing and promotional materials, including applications, welcome kits, and other collateral.
- Support high-quality graphic design of promotional materials, advertising, and media materials.
- Support MTS Staff with MTS meetings.
- Organize and lead online webinars.
- Other duties as assigned
- Full-time position.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5 years of professional experience and at least 3 years of experience performing equivalent work (preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal communication (proofreading, copy editing, development and maintaining media contacts), with preference for technical communication skills.
- Experience developing and implementing communication strategy.
- Basic graphic design.
- Experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software (MemberSuite preferred).
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and an openness to learning and working with new technology.
- Proficiency with ConstantContact, HootSuite, and other communications platforms (preferred).
- Experience developing and curating Web content.
- Demonstrate attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a small team environment and with contractors.
- Superior management and analytical skills.
- Ability to strategically solve problems and make effective decisions.
- Ability to travel, domestic & international (up to 10%).
- Experience with non-profit professional societies is preferred.
A writing sample is required with application to the position. The writing sample should reflect recent work and/or relevant content. For example: Op-ed, news article, blog post, or similar content preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Commensurate with experience, range: $75,000-$80,000. MTS offers a competitive benefits package and partial telecommuting.
To apply for the position of Manager of Marketing & Communications at the Marine Technology Society, send resume, cover letter, and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline: January 17, 2020.