Maritime Cyber Security and Infrastructure View All CommitteesJoin Committee
With cyber security affecting so many areas of business and military operations, this committee will serve professional interests across many levels of expertise and specialty areas. As with the Marine Security Committee, the approach will be interdisciplinary and systems-oriented. The committee’s goal is to be the one-stop shop for maritime cyber security and infrastructure – exchange of information, training resources, awareness of cyber risks, best practices and pointers on where to go next, through technical sessions, workshops, publications and collaborative work with other interested parties.
Committee Vice Chair
Cyber-Skilled Mariner “Call-to Action” II (All Virtual Event)
May 19, 2020 2 PM ET – http://www.maritimetv.com/Events/Cyber-Skilled-Mariner-2020
A Hybrid Web Conference/Webcast Anchored from Maritime TV Studios near Washington D.C.
A follow-on event to the Cyber-Skilled Mariner “Call-to Action” held in June 2019 at MITAGS.
With this Second “Call to Action”, everyone should leave with a sense of urgency and action items to bring to their enterprise, along with a commitment to sharing this information with the Cyber-Skilled Mariner community. The goal is for the audience to acquire further knowledge of practical and actionable cybersecurity solutions by:
- Gaining and generating awareness of the cyber safety challenges for their organizations
- Understanding current Maritime systems design and connectivity that bring inherent vulnerabilities to data integrity.
- Treating Maritime systems as cyber-enabled, safety-critical systems, with operational issues that can use available solutions.
On-line speakers to include:
- Rear Admiral Mark H. “Buz” Buzby, USN, Ret. Maritime Administrator
- Dan Turissini, CTO , Spyrus Solutions, Inc., Chairman, Cybersecurity Committee, Marine Technology Society (MTS)
- Ed Nanartowich, President, Chief Operating Officer, Mid Atlantic Maritime Academy
- Mike O’Neal, Instructor / IT Manager, Mid-Atlantic Maritime Academy
- Lloyd Wihl, Director of Technical Sales at SCALABLE Network Technologies
- Dennis Hackney, Head of Cyber Product Development, ABS Group (Invited)
- Dave Gardy, CEO, Executive Producer, Maritime TV
- Patrick O’Laughlin MITAGS
- Eric Friend MITAGS
Cyber-Skilled Mariner “Call to Action”
On June 24, 2019 at the Maritime Conference Center in Baltimore, MD, the Cyber Committee hosted the Cyber-Skilled Marine “Call to Action.”
Learn more about the meeting and takeaways here.
On June 6, 2019, the cyber committee hosted a webinar on Automatic Identification Systems (AIS) by Harris Corporation. Listen to the archived recording and gain an understanding of how the devices, signals and satellites function as a system. In addition to vessel tracking sending and responding to safety/security related messages, find out how the AIS data is transformed into valuable decision-making information.
Search the Member Directory
Please login to search the member directory