Seafloor Engineering View All CommitteesJoin Committee
The mission of the Seafloor Engineering Committee is to provide a forum to address applications of digital side-scan sonar, computerized data processing methods for geophysical reflection survey’s stress analyses, and soil-pile interaction. To promote activity relating to NASA-developed digital techniques to enhance photographs of the seafloor, seafloor earthquake measurement systems, and marine penetration systems development. Evaluate and determine the underwater systems and technologies required for Natural Gas Hydrate exploration, development, and production.
Mr. Craig Etka’s background includes:
- USNA 1965: B.S. Aeronautical Engineering; Past-Chapter President Eastern Shore USNA Alumni Association;
- Scripps Institution of Oceanography 1975: M.S. Oceanography;
- Past-Commanding Officer, USS Pogy (SSN 647);
- Program Manager at Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems and Oceaneering International, Inc. Marine Projects;
- Executive Directive for Undersea Systems Programs, DownRange Global Solutions, Inc.;
- Vice President, Sea Systems Technologies, DownRange Global Solutions, Inc.;
- President Scorpio Ventures, LLC;
- MTS member since the early 1990s.
Search the Member Directory
Please login to search the member directory