Higher Education Guide to Marine Science and Technology Programs
The oceans offer fascinating and rewarding career opportunities for those who have an interest in science, technology, and engineering. If you’re one of these people, or if you are a counselor or educator directing someone with an interest in the oceans, this Guide to Marine Science and Technology Programs in Higher Education is the ideal place to start.
The Guide is a collaboration of the Marine Technology Society (MTS) and the Marine Advanced Technology Education (MATE) Center. Note: That will we be updating the guide and creating an online version to launch late in 2019.
How to Use the Guide
The Guide is organized by institution in alphabetical order. You can access information by clicking the names in the:
- Table of Contents (page 11 on the PDF)
- Geographic Index of Programs (page 181 on the PDF)
- Subject Index of Marine Science and Technology Programs (page 185 on the PDF)
Additional indexes will help you access other information that may be useful (all indexes contain clickable links):
- Marine Science and Technology Internship Programs (page 196 in the PDF)
- Marine Science- and Technology-Related Professional Societies and Trade Associations (page 197 in the PDF)
- Scholarship Resources (page 203 in the PDF)
NOTE: The guide is a large file. Download time may take a while, depending on your broadband connection. For best results, Adobe® Reader® version 8.0 or later is recommended.
Funding for this project was provided by the membership of MTS and the National Science Foundation’s continuing grants to the MATE Center through the Centers for Ocean Sciences Education Excellence (COSEE) network and the Advanced Technological Education Program.