Many college and university marine studies programs have an MTS Student Section. Each Student Section is different and participates in the Society in a variety of ways including producing newsletters and/or a website, attending events of meetings of the MTS Sections or Committees, presenting research or writing articles.
Students have access to the same benefits as professionals members and as well as additional benefits including:
- Access to MTS Student Sections in leading universities, each of which receives $500 a year to spend on student activities;
- Scholarships exclusively for MTS Student members;
- Online mentoring through the MTS Maritime Industry Mentoring Program;
- The peer-reviewed MTS Journal, which publishes student-authored papers;
- Large discounts on registration to MTS-sponsored conferences and workshops;
- Free Career Services on the web, with resume posting and job listings, and;
- Opportunities to network with and learn from professionals in your field by joining technical interest groups (committees).
Join an MTS Student Section, or Start One of Your Own!
Eight students and a faculty advisor—that’s all it takes to start the process of creating an MTS Student Section. Download and complete a petition to get started. Learn more about the role of Faculty Advisor. If you have questions about starting a student section, email email@example.com.
MTS Student Sections Toolbox
View Current MTS Student Sections.